4 days Ngorongoro and Serengeti Safari
|4 Days 3 Nights||Ngorongoro, Serengeti||USD||Camping, Lodge|
Day 1: Arrival
A transfer from the airport (or hotel) can be arranged for extra cost.
Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for extra cost.
Day 1: Ngorongororo Crater
Descending down the crater, we will enjoy an amazing panoramic view. After breakfast, we shall descend to the crater for a full day game drive, which is the 8th natural wonder of the world. It is also a very unique, world famous caldera with the most abundant wildlife. The caldera exhibits more than 120 species of mammals. We will also visit saline lakes such as lake Magadi, which is a magnet for flamingos and other birds. You can also see East Africa’s last black rhinos, birds such as secretary bird, white stork arriving from Europe during the wet season, crowned cranes, and ostriches. It is certainly a landscape of sheer beauty. Another big draw to this picturesque park is its dense population of predators, such as lions, hyenas, jackals, cheetahs, and the ever-elusive leopard, which sometimes requires a trained eye to spot. After the thrills and excitement of the day, you will have a picnic lunch in the park. It will be time to enjoy a sunset and dinner at the lodge.
- Main destination: Ngorongoro Crater
- Accommodation: Ngorongoro Rhino Lodge
- Mid-range lodge located on the crater rim of Ngorongoro Meals & drinks: Breakfast & lunch (Dinner not included) Drinks not included
Day 2-3: Serengeti national park
After breakfast, we will start our drive past the unique and gorgeous Ngorongoro Conservation Area to the Serengeti. The most intriguing, yet amazing natural legend of the timeless African landscape rolls before your eyes when the wildebeest embark on the most important journey of their lives: the amazing migration, which is often referred to as the “Eighth wonder of the world.” As far as the eye can see, thousands upon thousands of animals herd when the migration reaches its pinnacle; from tall and graceful giraffes, which feed on the tops of trees and pay no attention to the visitors. You will be able to spot lean cheetahs and shy leopards, foraging hyenas laughing their way through the plains, powerful crocodiles in the Grumeti river preying discreetly for the sick and weak animals at the crossing, and last but not least, the king himself; the lazy lion, slowly marching through the savannah and letting the “mistress” hunt for fresh meals. Dinner and overnight will be in the camp.
- Main destination: Serengeti National Park
- Accommodation: Serengeti Katikati Tented Camp Mid-range tented camp located inside Serengeti NP
- Meals & drinks: All meals included Drinks not included
Day 4: Serengeti national park
This will mark the end of the trip after a morning game drive in the Serengeti National Park.
- Main destination: Arusha
- Accommodation: End of tour (no accommodation)
- Meals & drinks: Breakfast & lunch (Dinner not included) Drinks not included
End of tour
Additional accommodation can be arranged for extra cost.
A transfer back to the airport (or hotel) can be arranged for extra cost.
- Hotel / Hostel Pickup
- All meals noted in the itinerary
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
- Domestic and international airfares and departures taxes
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Laundry services
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary