5 Days Kilimanjaro Trek Rongai Route
|5 Days 4 Nights||Mount Kilimanjaro||USD||Camping|
Day 1: Arusha – Moshi – Nale Moru – Simba Camp
Drive from Arusha to Moshi to the village of Nale Moru ( Rongai 1950m) where the climb begins. Taking 4 - 5 hours walking to Simba camp 2600m for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Simba Camp – 3rd Cave
A steady walking up to the second cave 3450m with the superb views of Kibo and the Eastern ice fields on the crater rims. Continue ascent for 3 to 4 hrs walking to third cave 3800m, for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: 3rd Cave – Kibo Hut
Continue ascending on the East side of Kibo crossing the Saddle between Mawenzi and Kibo, taking 4 - 5hrs to reach Kibo Hut ( 4700m).On mid-night trek up to the summit via Gilman's point 5695m
Day 4: Kibo Hut – Horombo Hut
Enjoying sunrise at the summit, horizontal views, Photos, then descend to Kibo Hut for brief rest, coffee or tea. Continue descend to Horombo Hut ( 3700m) for dinner and overnight.
Day 5:Horombo Hut – Mandara Hut – Marangu Gate
Descend about 5 hrs passing through Mandara Hut to the National Park Gate at Marangu (1830m) where you will drive back to Moshi or Arusha
- Hotel / Hostel Pickup
- All meals noted in the itinerary
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
- Domestic and international airfares and departures taxes
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Laundry services
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary