7 Days Kilimanjaro Trek Machame Route
|7 Days 6 Nights||Mount Kilimanjaro||USD||Camping|
DAY 1: ARUSHA-MACHAME CAMP (6 HOURS WALK)
Leave Arusha after breakfast and drive to Machame Gate. Walk through the forest to Machame Campsite (3,000 m) in about 6 hours.
DAY 2: MACHAME CAMP - SHIRA CAMP (4 HOURS WALK)
Trek after breakfast across the valley and continue along the steep ridge, past the Giant Heather and into a river gorge to reach the Shira Campsite at 3,800m.
DAY 3: SHIRA CAMP; ACCLIMATISATION
A full day is spent at Shira Hut acclimatizing for the higher altitude.
DAY 4: SHIRA CAMP - KIBO - BARRANCO HUT (6 HOURS WALK)
We proceed east towards Kibo, then continue towards the Lava Tower. After the tower we go up to Arrow glacier at 4876 m before descending to Barranco Hut at 3,860 m for dinner and overnight.
DAY 5: BARRANCO HUT - BARAFU HUT (8 HOURS WALK)
After breakfast we continue on a steep ridge past the Barranco Wall, through the Karanga Valley to Barafu Hut at 4,600m. The two peaks of Mawenzi and Kibo can clearly be seen from this position. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 6: BARAFU HUT - SUMMIT- MWEKA CAMP (11 HOURS WALK)
Early morning ascent to Stella Point (5,745) on our way to the Summit (Uhuru peak, 5,895 m) which we reach after about 6 hours pre-sunrise trek. We watch the sun rise from the highest point on Mt. Kilimanjaro. We then begin our descent which takes about 5 hours. The route is steep but picturesque. Dinner and a well-earned sleep at Mweka Campsite (3,100 m).
DAY 7: MWEKA - ARUSHA
After breakfast leave Mweka Campsite and descend to Mweka Gate for transfer back to Arusha.
- Hotel / Hostel Pickup
- All meals noted in the itinerary
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
- Domestic and international airfares and departures taxes
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Laundry services
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary