6 Days Mount Kenya Sirimon- Chogoria Route
|6 Days 5 Nights||Mount kenya||USD ___||Camping|
DAY 1: Nairobi Nanyuki
Depart from Nairobi at 09:00hrs and proceed towards the cool slopes of Mt. Kenya. Cross the Equator and arrive at your hotel in Nanyuki in time for Lunch. Relax and enjoy the magnificent scenery around with acclimatization in the afternoon, dinner and night in Nanyuki base hotel.
DAY 2: Nanyuki-Met Station
Morning spent sorting and organising personal equipment for the mountain trek. After lunch we drive to the road head of the Naro Moru Track, to the Meteorological station. This is a very good day for acclimatization, for we will be sleeping at an altitude of 10,000 ft. A short hike will be taken in the afternoon to help acclimatization.
DAY 3: Met Station-Mackinders Camp
Hike up into the Teleki valley to Mackinders Camp where there is a spectacular view of the main peaks. Walking time approximately 4-6 hours. Overnight Teleki Valley,(14,000 ft.)
DAY 4: Mackinders Camp-Point Lenana-Nanyuki
A pre- dawn start is made to ensure a successful summit bid and to try to reach the summit in time for a clear view of the majestic scenery. After climbing Point Lenana we return to our base camp and then proceed down the gate and onward to Nanyuki for overnight.
DAY 5: Nanyuki-Nairobi
After breakfast you leisurely drive back to Nairobi, arriving at around mid-day.
- Hotel / Hostel Pickup
- All meals noted in the itinerary
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
- Domestic and international airfares and departures taxes
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Laundry services
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary